Sunday, January 15, 2017

Going After my Goals!!

My Sunday ! I'm studying for the Army Master Fitness Trainer Course. Bed head and all! Keeping pumped up with a little Shakeology. What are your goals? Are you doing anything today to reach them?
 
This is a goal that I have actually had on my bucket list for years! I didn't join the Army until I was 40-years-old. I have always done my best physically to keep up with the younger officers.
At one point I was hurt with a knee injury after my first deployment and I took a big step back in my physical fitness. I slowly recovered. Then I started to get back to the level that I wanted, but I always aspired to be more physically fit.
 
Then life happened. A life changing event took place in my unit as I was preparing to take command. I went through some depressing and put on 30 pounds and we deployed. My first five months in Afghanistan was one of the biggest challenges I have faced in my life. Then we re-missioned to Kuwait.
 
It was in Kuwait that I realized I had to focus on me physically and get myself right. I pushed myself hard like I had never done before. I lost 32 pounds, I ran a half marathon (which I had never done before), I did a duathlon (5k run 5k bike 5k run) and I averaged 23,000 steps a day on my fitbit. I was feeling amazing. I scored a 300 (actually 318 on the extended scale) and at that point knew that fitness was going to become a focal point for the rest of my life.
 
Since then I have become more and more physically fit. I'm feeling Amazing and Alive. I have started health and nutrition coaching and just want to be there to help people and share my story.
 
Food For Thought: When I decided to join the Army at age 40 I couldn't do one push-up!! Now I can do 40 or more and still keep proper form. It's amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment